Sunday, July 23, 2006

wind but what rain



I had a good saturday. I was in the farmers market news letter in regards to my artist in residence. It rained like crazy outside in the morning and then the fire alarm went off so the market was not that great. In the afternoon I went to the museum to work, I got alot done on the carving then the rain came in.... like buckets and I had to cover my carving in a panic and pack up. I was planning on going today but it looked terrible out in the beginning. It was going to rain but I was douped. I am totally pissed because I could have gotten so much work done. It was windy very windy so I think it was best I stayed home. Well anyways it was not a wasted day. I stained 40 frames and evaluated my next weeks inventory and so far I have done two paintings. I am off to do more...well off to work. On another note from the inside. She haunts me more that any other pieces I have ever done before. In my sleep during the day all the time. Her shape, body everything. Like a memory, a ghost I close my eyes and I see her in great detail. Its like she is breathing. I can't believe how small she is. I knew she would be very petit but if she stood up outside of the carving she would be only 3 feet. I sometimes see her walking around and I think its silly cause she is a mermaid and she can't walk cause she has fins/a tail. When I see her I look hard and long so that I can get her right in the carving. well go ahead call me crazy...But will see what will come of this log... I see a soul.

No comments: