Sunday, July 16, 2006

seeing swirls



Well I am pretty wiped out. yesterday turned out to be a 13 hour day. Farmers market was okay and then I was off to the museum and worked till 7pm. Today was not as long just from noon till 7pm. It is weird to be a spectacle, I get so caught up in my work I forget there are people around and I look up and there are like 30 people hangin about. Not as many sales as I wanted but whatever. I am just going to keep on trucking, head down plow throught. I need to find the balance between stopping carving and engaging with people looking at my work. I would rather carve, I am totally in my comfort zone. I saw a girl today who would be the perfect model for the mermaid in the carving. Her face was perfect. I gave her my card. If she reads this please email me...I will pay you. So the guitar guy was out today but down further, I was on my way to get a coffee and I introduced myself and Bought him a coffee. Totally my pleasure, great singer. I asked him to perform near me at 4ish so to not have the piper come by. Low and behold at 4:10 I am working and the dreaded sound of those pipes which now irritate me like nails on a chalk board broke my concentration. pure evil. I need to get a busker to come by at that time so as to not let the piper play near me. I bought 5 awsome photos from a most excellent and talented artist Billy, happy travels Billy and Co. All the best. Here are two pics one is the progress of saturday and the next is the work I did today.

No comments: