Monday, July 31, 2006

the other side

Another great day, Got a fair deal done. I chip away bit by bit. Now people are coming by that have visited two weeks ago and the response is positive and encouraging. I met David Brooks Micmac artist and wood carver who has his works in both the Art Gallery of Nova Scotia and in Ottawa. He said my piece was coming along good, I'll take that for sure, coming from a First Nations carver that is flatering. He said he may come by and give me one of his carving chisels. That would be neat...I'd make him sign it, it would be something I would past down in the future to another carver. This other guy came by really nice fellow and he donated a wet stone to the last carver at the museum and it went missing or the carver took it or whatever..honestly who knows. He offered to find me a stone to sharpen my chisels with. Today was the day of the offering. Also a reported came by from the CBC Radio and they might do a piece on me...how cool would that be. My question to anyone out there. There are two men down from me that are disabled one is in a wheelchair and playes his radio and people give him money, he is an awsome guy and absolute sweetheart, I can barely understand him, so I try to dominate the conversations to yes no responses or make general comment about the traffic flow of people and weather so we communicate that way, he is just a beautiful soul and very alert and aware. Another guy down the way who attemts to strum a guitar and sing which he barly can do. I don't really talk to him. I don't think he does talk to too many people. Okay so do I give them money how often if so how much??? since I walk by and see them every day. one I engage with one I don't. Do I only give one to the one I engage with. Do I not give money at all because we all work on the harbour. Where does the line between generosity and neighborly responsibility lay...any comments???

No comments: