Thursday, July 13, 2006

Bon Voyage TANK and LYNX



Well yesterday was another hot one. It started out cloudy and overcast and ended up to be a scorcher. Yes and without the tent I got burned pretty bad. I have a nasty blister that is being nursed with aloe gel. All I am doing on the carving is plenty of technical stuff. I am trying to line up the swirl from one side to match the other. So There really is no pics for that. Once the base is done which I predict by sunday I will be working on the mid section and finally the carving will be vertical. I wanted to do the detailing on the base before I start at the top so that I don't have to lay it down on its sides and dent any work done on the top in the future. The most common comment yesterday was holy your burt, I was lathered in 50 spf aswell, so much for sunblock. One thing that I thought could start to get on my nerves is that I am being approached by a lot of very old men and they are using a very scolding authoritative tone with me like almost talking down and yelling. "Now, what are you doing here, what's this, what's going?" It is very startling. I tell them and they for the most part all of them go "Okay then" and walk away with their hands behind their back mumbling...it is weird.

Here is a pic of one of one the Driver brothers of the Northstar and his new Tank painting, he also got the Lynx painting as well. In the back of him you can see the boat. Thank to the crew for all their hospitality I I had a great time with you guys.

No comments: