Monday, July 10, 2006

first day on the boardwalk



Well today went really well. I am carving a lot faster than expected. My projected finish date is at the latest mid september. I think I might be done before that at the rate I am going. The carvings that I've done before took longer because they had been done while I was attending Concordia University fulltime with full course loads and a partime job. I went to that university for 6 years and received a BA with a major in Anthropology and a minor in Art History and then I got a BFA in Fine Arts with a concentration in Sculpture. Anyways there is some background. The most common question I will probably be getting which is by ever person, what are you carving and what is the wood. Holy I think I need to put a sign up, Quickly. It is literally 9pm and I just sat down right now, I am soo busy it nutts, But I like it. It will keep me sane, I hope ah ha ha. This week we are going to have a few cruise ships in so that will be interesting. the Pics I am adding are just the first day, The tent that I will be working under has yet to be put up but it is coming. I got pretty dark today. The carving will be auctioned off this fall if anyone is interested in getting an email of the finished pieces and participate in a silent auction just email me for your email address. my spell check doesn't work...poop

No comments: