Sunday, July 30, 2006

amistad at port





The dark horse of a beauty came to port today. What a stunning vessel that carries so much history within the bow of its rebirth. I was in a quiet awe today with this schooner behind me today. The eagle on the front is guilded in gold and was a carved gift to the ship. I hope to board the ship for a tour while it is here. It was an amazing day weatherwize nice cool breeze to keep the heat off me. I have been craving Chinese food in a bad way for two days and I caved in tonight sinking into a combo platter from Robie Food. Should be called Robie Comfort Food. The serving was so big I have dinner for two days. I have gotten a lot done and I hope to start seeing more of her waist take shape in a week. I am going very slow because I am at a critical section. I cut off too much during the chainsawing several weeks back and she is Turning out to be a little thin. oops hehe. I'll work it out. I haven't had time to paint in a week and I am itching to do the four canvases I have preped. I hope to find the time tomorrow. I need to take a day off to work in my studio. I just need to manage my time better I guess. Or wait for it to rain.

No comments: