Thursday, August 10, 2006

first day of busker


Wow, thank dog I am in the boat house. It is chaos out on the waterfront, just a zoo. I am getting an excellent amount of traffic and since I am inside there is a invisible wall where when you enter the room a code of ethics comes into play. I am not getting the rude and joking comments that I got from passer bys as I did before outside. I am in a more professional environment so I see a little more respect. Basically people are better behaved. Kids are a little more shy and not as vocal, so I am not creating as much dialogue with kids as I did before. I miss that. The Amistad (pretent that is in italics) left today. I had a tear in my eye. I was sad to see it go. I think I will see it again. Good bye to Tod, I wish you all the best. Sorry there are no pics tonight my camera's batteries died I got new ones tonight at Staples. Oh and the staff at Staples laughed too hard at me tonight. They finally got my favorite paper in tonight and I sceamed. The floor manager Mike was like "I knew you would be happy when I saw them come in." Well really not eating as much as I should or as well as I should...Oh well...I am craving nectarines...someone bring me one. I closed up the shop tonight at 8pm so I could make it to Staples and I just finished working in my studio just now its 11:30. I am excited about this weekend it is going to be a Blast. I'll get some pics of the waterfront with all the tents up and all the people.
I did this painting/drawing for kicks a while back and I thought no one will like that. It was a pic of a cow with huge utters so it was like a vessel/cookie jar and it was called Nourisher. It is from an old celtic creation myth tale of the cow nourisher whose four teats pour milk or life which became the four rivers of the land in Ireland. As far as I can remember any one please correct me. Anyways people like the image and it is a strange feeling for me. I actually love it, but a lot of people out there think I have weird taste. So I put the image on a magnet and people like it. Tomorrow will be the first day I have ever matted the image and had it on display. It will be intersting what people think. Please don't drag my art to your desk top...that's stealing.

No comments: