Saturday, January 06, 2007

Four Provinces In Two Weeks 50 hours of driving





Well I am permanently in Oromocto New brunswick the "Model Town" its near Fredericton which is pretty cool, we have been going in there to try and get the house in order.
From start to finish. I cleaned everything out of storage and dumped tremendous amounts of my life goods (some people would think garbage) old furniture, speakers, stereo, my bed, the walls I display my art on at the markets, the ugliest lamp on earth, it is too depressing to continue. I bought large rubbermaid bins enough to fit in the back of Trevors truck and took just what fit in them and in between them and a layer of paintings and a futon and more art. It was a crazy heavy load. My last week selling on Queen St. was awesome, crazy amazing time. Thanks to everyone I met, I am excited to work the street this coming summer. So I went to my Mom and Dads house for Xmas Holidays. They live in the laurentiens of Quebec. There was barely enough snow to go riding so I decided not to go. We couldn't even build an igloo this year. I got an Ipod from my brother (So Cool) I am doing a painting of the AVRO ARROW for him. Trevor got me the Kit Kat clock. soooooooo awesome. We played a lot of yahtzee, Settler of Catan and built a big puzzle. I am buying the expansion package for the game Settlers of Catan and Trevor wants to get the Knights of Catan. Holy cow what a cool game that is. Now we just need to find 2 friends in this town who like to play.
We drove to Oromocto and unloaded all my stuff and then we spent New Years with Trevors family in Cape Breton. Trevors Grandfather was not to happy watching me cheat while playing monopoly with his grandkids. But they need to learn that you have to cheat, swindle, make deals and play dirty if you want to win in monopoly. But, no one ever wins in monopoly. I had all the property on 3/4 ths of the board but Trevors nephew had the hotels and millions. Then we went to Halifax for one day to restock at Loomis. I bought over $600.00 worth of stock but I got a great discount. Then, finally we headed back to Home base. I tell yah it is nice to have a studio again, I feel grounded. well gonna chill out I and all hooked up now so I will be more detailed from now on.
Here is a pic of our living room. We needed a place to put all the books and DVDs but we wanted it to be below the height of the window and long. After hunting for a low long shelf which doesn't exist we bought two 8 foot long laminated 12 inch wide boards and 6 plain new paint cans the silver ones and ta da. It looks sweet. And it cost only 45 bucks.

No comments: