Thursday, December 14, 2006

burning the candle

I got 9 days to go and I am burnt out. I did great today but I will be thankful when it is over. I have been staying later and later on the street. Tonight I closed up at 7:30 pm and it was busy, busy busy. I set up frurther east right next to Miss Demeaner so I can use the window dispaly lighting to light my stuff when the sun goes down. The sun is so close to the horizon all day that the noth side of the street is always in the shade. Now that I think about it in the summer I am going to boil/cook/fry. Then I am getting an orange clear film to lay over my work to protect it from the sun. Tomorrow it is going to rain but I might try and go out and get a clear plastic drop cloth and go out in the rain. Hmmm or not. still undecided. I have no stock. blah this is never ending, which can be a good thing. My goal is to have the funds available to pay for all the material for the paintings I am doing in Oromocto (whick will be a lot a lot a lot and pay for my living). I am so excited about this xmas and the move. It is a whole new adventure for me. weeee. The one thing I did like about Toronto while I was here was Steam Whistle Beer, so yummy and light. So on that note. Check out the new video directed by my friend Bradly Cayford, who use to visit me my first year selling on the street three years ago. Thanks for the support. Well here is the latest video he animated for the Most excellent Jimmy Swift Band. www.belowmemusic.com/turnaround/ and vote for it next week on Muchmusic support our local artist. When I saw the video I told him I felt cooler cause I know him, haha. Bradly Cayford works for corpernicus studios and also did the Nelly Furtado video Explode, he is a native of Toronto now living in Halifax Nova Scotia. I also ran into the amazing Folk diva singer extrordiar Jenn Grant today and Jason Burns drummer from Down with the Butterfly www.downwiththebutterfly.com Nice chattin with u guys. Hope to do work with u guys real soon. And them I think Buck 65 walked by, and then I sold two painting from these guys from Halifax. They were like yeah we are from Halifax, I'm like Me too. Look out everyone Haligonians are on a tear on Queen.

No comments: