Wednesday, January 10, 2007

"I Will Follow You Into The Dark"


I love that song by "Death Cab For Cutie". Well another day in my studio and I worked on and finished this painting. I love doing this piece its so meditative for me to draw the lines. Then as it gets more detailed the tension and concentration escalates, all I am thinking is the lines and the connections and "Don't screw up" goes throught my head over and over again. And then I finish and I just look at it, and feel calm and relaxed, joy pure joy. Oh how selfish I am. Here is a quote that I devoured years ago and lead me on this journey of being an artist, living as an artist and never giving up. I think my relentless stubborness helped and support from so many people. Anyways it is from Yann Martel In the Authors Notes in the book "Life Of Pi"
"If we Citizens, do not support our artist, then we sacrifice our imagination on the altar of crude reality and we end up believing in nothing and having worthless dreams."

No comments: