Monday, October 16, 2006

whos got the voodoo doll

I went to the Ontario woodcarvers association meeting tonight. I was asked to come and meet some of the carvers and maybe find a mentor while I am here. when I first arrived in Toronto, The lovely Trevor and I were checking out the city when we found the associations annual meeting and show,live carving. We checked it out and it was very cool. They had a silent auction and I placed bids on all the tools. well I won one of them. I so needed it...I got a 4000 grit cone gouge slip stone for 15 bucks. It was a real trek getting to the meeting.I first biked to summerville station and when I got on the train with my bmx my leg went throught the gap between the train and the platform.I have to be more careful.well with a bleeding leg I have to indure a crazy woman rambling on about nothing at the same time thinking in my head that pain is really just nerve endings sending a message to your brain and to not think about it.I am going to have a nasty bruise all the way up both calfs. then I got off at york mills and biked up york mills to bayview. All for a slip stone. well I am off to Morin Heights for the week to my Grandmothers Funeral. I am bringing popcorn cause there is going to be some drama. The will is crazy. My best advice to anybody is if you want something ask for it. I asked my grandmother many times how much i loved her inuit HOHO print and the native eagle carving and how I would love her to leave it to me. I am going take very good care of both pieces that I have admired for decades. You would have to pry them out of my cold dead hands.

No comments: