Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Traffic


I can't stand the traffic in the city. I have been hit in the elbow twice by car passenger mirrors. It sucks, it gives me such a fright. Road rage at a whole new level.
Here is a picture of my lure that I carved out of aged cedar several years ago. The cedar was uses as the structural base for the water pipe in my parents back yard in Morin Heights we have a damn in my back yard, actually the damn use to power the village. So the water went throught a large pipe and would go up and pour over a wheel and the motion of the wheel powered electricity. Over time the city of montreal powered electricity to the village and the damn in the Simon River went to decay. To the delight of a carver like me. There was a bounty of cedar soaked in water for decades and large and excellent for carving. The eyes and tail of the Lure are made from rare BC Red Cedar, the red cedar was a gift to me. I love it cause the cedar looks like perfect pieces of raw salmon fillets. the combination of the two make a beautiful balance.

No comments: