Monday, June 11, 2007

portrait


I am never comfortable with doing portrait. I took this contract on to shake off that uneasyness. But, I can't shake the feeling of "are they going to hate it?" This one was super hard a lot of emotions of different types were felt, RAGE was one. There is always that problem with contracts. The person that wants the painting has an idea in their head and well the out come will never be that image they think of. The background and the guy on the right was from one photo and the two guys on the left are from another. I am struggling with adding more detail to the face then there will be an inbalance in the detail on the face and the rest of the paintigns loose lines. I like the way it looks, there is a softness to it. OH well keep yah posted on the out come.

No comments: