Wednesday, April 18, 2007

30 hours of Hail




Oh my gosh the weather sucks we have had 30 hour of freezing rain, hail and fat wet snow. I have yet to see the sun in days. I am on my way to halifax for the last time in a while. Trevor is going to a funeral for one of the boy that died in Afganistan and I am picking up supplies and going to meetings. In the past two weeks or so I have done eight paintings, here are some pics of them. The walls here are getting pretty full and I have more work to do to finish the body of work. Last week I was able to view a lot of the infantry schools photo archive. Thanks you guys for all the help. I also was able to take pics of the LAV and the 50 Cal rifel. Oh my gosh that gun is heavy. Did you know the gun with its three parts weighs 148 pound this does not include the tripod. Can you imagin carrying one part of that gun for 5 KM. You would have to be a big guy. Thats like carrying a keg plus all your gear. I am currently working on the Sig Sauer 9mm pistol P223. It going alright, it will be done today. next two weeks I am doing the 50 Cal rifle, the 50 Cal sniper, the LAV, the leopard, Nyala and three artillery pieces. That should finish up the body of work. I still would like to do at least 50 more pieces. I have to get new paint brushes cause all mine have been worn down. Well back to work.

No comments: