Monday, December 11, 2006

Warm winds

There was a cold front that just past. On Friday I did not work it was too cold. Instead I went with my sister and her family to the Yorkdale Mall. Wow what a mall it is too. We had dinner at the Rainforest Cafe and it was pretty cool. The food was okay but mostly you were paying for the environment. It looked like it was a labor of love to keep everything working fine and the fish tanks alright. It was like you were in a rainforest and there was even thunder and lightning and lifesize elephants freaking out. On Saturday and Sunday I worked and I did great and it was warmer.
On Saturday people from PETA were protesting in front of a store for selling fur. They had posters of ugly pictures. So many people called the cops. I had enough and called the police when they started yelling at a woman in a fur hat, saying she was a murderer and had blood on her hands. Now is that really necessary. They have been there for three weeks every Saturday parking their SUV's and wasting paper by handing out flyers that people rip up. One of the other artists asked them to keep their area contained and not scream and lay picture of blood animals all over the sidewalk and spread out so much. Cause people were not looking at art anymore. The protesters told him to go fuck himself. Is that any way to treat a street artist. So they can only protest on the Saturday cause they have jobs to go to on the weekdays. How would they like it if someone ruined their day so they couldn't get paid to work. This Saturday it was not so bad with the protesters. One of them tries to talk to me but I told him to go fuck himself, naturally. But I am sure to see them next weekend. And again I will wear my hand made rabbit fur hat I bought in the flea market bins at St Eugines Church in Morin Heights Quebec. Taking one for the team and looking good doing it.

No comments: