Sunday, July 08, 2007

We stopped in Morin Height for Canada day and had an awesome time, fireworks and all. I Just arrived this week in toronto and I have been selling on Queen and Spadian for two days. It has been great, I am not to keen on how dirty I get by the end of the day, I am black all over. Today it rained for most of the day and it gave me a good 9 hours of work in to prepare for next week. Should I indulge you all in the bylaw chaos of Toronto. hmm that would be a very long rant, make a comment on my blog about what you think. Okay here goes, Basically there is no licence for a peddler. you can get a busker licence 88 bucks but its donation only by passer byes, you can't get a venders licence cause there are none and there hasn't been for 5 years. You can get a portraiture licence 500 bucks but you can't sell any art except what you draw of someone and the images you dispay can only be examples of portraits you have done. you also need 2 million dollars in insurance before you even can apply for the licence and get approved about 600 bucks. So my question is where is the peddler licence. So the people at the main office say i cannot have a portrait licence and the bylaw guys on the street say go back and get it and lie and say you are doing portraits. WTF??? SO I am doing it all basially by the end of it I will have several licences, this is nutts. I brought the cat and he is great, no problems on the drive or the move, I love my kitty. Oh yeah so cool I sold (got a donation for) one of my favorite painting this week, my Dead Kitty. I loved that piece. I got a new cell number if anyone cares 416-889-3175.

No comments: