Wednesday, March 28, 2007

TIMBERWOLF


This is the background for my latest painting. The canvas size is 18 by 36. The color in this is awsome I am so happy with it. I am doing the sniper rifle with camouflage paint on it and so I wanted to blend the background and make it have a pattern rather than be layered. I used 4/5 Cerulean blue hue mixed with 1/5 Neutral Grey Value 5 for the words Timberwolf. For the words C14 I used just the Neutral Grey Value 5. The colors that is the blend of both is just that. The exact mix of both colors. It makes the letters C14 look transparent over the canvas when really it's three different colors. I love how the blue makes the grey look like its a tan color. I wonder if in different lighting will it ever show itself as grey. I am starting the gun today. It is neat the change of a color when it is next to another. When the sun comes in our bedroom through the beige curtains it makes any black fabric look like deep red.
Like in the installation done by the artist Ann Hamiltion, she had live peacocks walking around the Contemporary Museum of Modern art in Montreal and over head was waving red fabric. The red Muted and dulled the peacocks brilliance.

No comments: