Wednesday, March 21, 2007

C9-A1



I have had a sinus cold for a week now causing a lot of frustration. I am not sure how I got it but I can't breath throught my nose most of the time. I finished the C9 A1 last week and I am on the finishing touches of the 84 Carl G once finished I will have completed all the guns in the series and so far since I have been here I have completed 17 paintings. Next week I am going on base and looking into their archives of photos. I am grateful and I feel privileged to be able to have so much material to work with. I am excited to see what will come of this exploration. I will be doing the artillery guns next. Like the Triple 7.
I started runnning everyday and I have toned up quite a bit. I am confused because I weigh the same but I have lost 4 inches on my waist. That is so discouraging. Trevor put a chin up bar in the door way between the bedroom/bathroom area and the livingroom/ kitchen area. Everytime he goes under he has to do a chin up. I do it as well, and I am getting pretty strong. At the the gym there are some crazy ass G I Janes working out. I call them the meat eaters. All they do is look at themselves in the mirror while they workout.
I am having new dreams lately they crop up daily. They are of women sprouting new wings. Tulips growing from rubble. I see a change in the way I work on the street. This summer I will be more of a busker and doing live canvases and I may have to switch to investing all my funds into a printing company and sell posters of my work than framed prints. The benefits of the change are plenty. I will not be spent time matting and staining frames. I won't be carrying so much weight and having the problem with glass breaking. The posters will be water proof incases of the sudden Toronto rain. I see some of my work better suited in large poster style. I am looking into different poster companies right now. I also can't find the frames I use to purcase anymore.
I am wondering if I put the painting I do up on the internet does that stop people from going to the unvailing of the series. Should I not be showing them at all? Should I be hiding some of them? Sometimes I think about this. Then I just think that it is best to share the time and process of a project and live in the here and now.
Here is a pic of Trevor and Spartan taking a cat nap.

No comments: